Covid 19 updates and current documents
Welcome to our Covid updates page. On this page you will find current updates and important information.
Update 9th March 2022
On 21 February 22, the Prime Minister set out the next phase of the Government’s COVID19 response. COVID-19 continues to be a virus that we learn to live with and we continue to work to reduce the disruption to children’s education.
Covid cases have continued to fall in Hackney and across the school. Our Outbreak Management Plan remains in place, should we need to step up measures if we have an increase in cases in the school.
The school continues to follow the DFE guidance Schools Operational Guidance.
There continues to be control measures in place:
1. Ensure good hygiene for everyone.
2. Maintain appropriate cleaning regimes.
3. Keep occupied spaces well ventilated.
4. Follow public health advice on testing, self-isolation and managing confirmed cases of COVID-19.
1. Ensure good hygiene for everyone
Frequent and thorough hand cleaning is part of daily practice. Children are encouraged to clean their hands regularly with soap and water and hand sanitise.
The ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach continues to be very important.
3. Keep occupied spaces well ventilated
Rooms are well ventilated with windows and doors open and CO2 monitors used.
4. Follow public health advice on testing, self-isolation and managing confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Siblings of children with a positive case will not be asked to isolate (unless there is an increase in cases and we are using the Outbreak Management Plan
- Staff are no longer required to test twice each week
- Parents and carers will be welcome in the school building for planned meetings, events and performances
Please monitor your children for symptoms and do not send them into school if they are unwell and please contact the school office to let us know the reason your child is not attending school.
Below you will find a PDF copy of the LEAP Outbreak Management plan.
Other pages on the left offer further Covid support information and guidance as well as a page titled Home Workbooks, where you can find work for children to do at home if they are having to self-isolate at home.
You will also find other documents previously sent out to parents & carers relating to the period of lockdown from Jan 2021 up to the school's opening on March 8th 2021, and documents relating to the period from March 2021 to the end of term in July 2021 on other pages in this section of the website.